At Varonis, we protect data where it lives. Our platform is purpose-built to look deeply inside and around data — and then automate its protection using patented, battle-hardened machine learning. Learn more about our products below.
- Until we've fully phased out our individual product names, always write out the full name in external-facing content.
- When specifying the versions, use title case.
- Follow the capitalization used below for all products. Ex: “DatAdvantage” requires a capital D and a capital A.
- Our platform is “the Varonis Data Security Platform” but all individual product names do not use the word “the” as a precursor.
What is our SaaS platform called?
Do call our SaaS:
- Varonis, Varonis (cloud-native)
- Varonis Data Security Platform
- Our cloud-native Data Security Platform
Do not call our SaaS:
- Varonis Cloud (it's too confusing with DatAdvantage Cloud)
- Varonis SaaS Data Security Platform (it sounds like we only serve SaaS)
- Varonis SaaS
Distinguish between SaaS and self-hosted:
- Varonis (cloud-native) vs. Varonis (self-hosted)
Do not call self-hosted:
- Varonis on-prem
- Varonis enterprise
- Varonis legacy
Data protection products
Our signature product required with any Varonis implementation gives complete visibility and control over your critical data and IT infrastructure.
DatAdvantage for Windows • DatAdvantage for Directory Services • DatAdvantage for Azure • DatAdvantage for SharePoint and SharePoint Online • DatAdvantage for Exchange and Exchange Online • DatAdvantage for OneDrive
Automatically repairs and maintains file system permissions
Streamlines data access governance
Data Transport Engine
Migrates data where it belongs
Threat detection products
Monitors and alerts on abnormal behavior on critical systems
Detects and helps prevent DNS exfiltration attempts
Privacy and compliance products
Data Classification Engine
Finds and classifies sensitive data automatically
Makes data easily searchable
Enhances Data Classification Engine with CCPA and GDPR patterns
Federal Policy Pack
Used for Top-secret and CUI discovery policies
Data Classification Labels
Adds automation to labeling and categorization
Cloud security products
Prevents data overexposure in SaaS apps
DatAdvantage for AWS, DatAdvantage for Salesforce, DatAdvantage for Okta, and/or DatAdvantage for Jira
Data Classification Cloud
Finds and classifies sensitive data across cloud apps
Varonis for Microsoft 365
Provides data-centric security for Microsoft 365
Varonis for SaaS and IaaS
Deploys in minutes and provides instant insights, alerts, and exposures
Agentless, cloud-to-cloud monitoring
Additional Varonis offerings
The patented technology that powers the Varonis Data Security Platform
Data Risk Assessment
A detailed, true-to-life report based on company data, that reveals the vulnerabilities hackers will hunt for
Our internal Varonis team (capitalize when referring to the name of the team). We no longer use the term "purple team" but instead use "Varonis Threat Labs."
Varonis Incident Response Team
Capitalize when using as a proper noun. When referring to our incident response team in general (without "Varonis" in the name), lowercase.
Proactive Incident Response
Varonis Forensics Team
Athena AI is our new generative AI layer that spans across the entire Varonis Data Security Platform. Varonis Athena AI and Athena AI are acceptable, but do not use Athena as a standalone name. Similarly, generative AI and gen AI are acceptable, but do not spell out the term "generative artificial intelligence."
Athena AI's features include an AI SOC analyst and natural language search.
Third-party and partner products
- Always write out the full product names in external-facing content.
- Follow the capitalization used below for all products. Ex: “Microsoft OneDrive” requires a capital M in Microsoft and a capital O and D in OneDrive.
Microsoft 365 allows users to collaborate directly without the need for IT.
M365 allows users to collaborate directly without the need for IT.
Varonis protects data in Salesforce and Google Drive.
Varonis protects data in salesforce and Google drive.
- Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365, which should no longer be used)
- SharePoint Online or SharePoint, not Sharepoint
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Information Protection (MIP)
- OneDrive, not Onedrive
- Power BI
- PowerPoint, not Powerpoint or PPT
- SQL Server
- Google Authenticator
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Google Drive, not G-Drive or g-drive
- YouTube, not Youtube
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Note “Services” plural, not “Service”
- Amazon Simplified Storage Service (S3)
- AWS Identity Access Management (IAM)
Capitalize the following partners
- Salesforce (one word, capital S, lowercase f)